Lumix G3 – is a compact, SLR-styled mirrorless interchangeable lens camera that uses the Micro Four Thirds standard. Lumix G3 is the follow-up to the Lumix G2, and its biggest changes include an even smaller body, a new Live MOS sensor and image processor, faster autofocus performance, and Full HD video recording.
Reviews : (2 Customer Reviews)
Brand : Panasonic
Model : Lumix DMC G3
List Price :
Our Price : Check Discount Price
You Save : 15%
Panasonic Lumix G3 Review
The Panasonic Lumix DMC G3 takes the best features from last year’s G2 and combines them with many of the attributes of the higher-specification GH2, with the main talking point being the new 15.8-million-pixel sensor. It breaks away from the 12.1-million-pixel sensor that Panasonic has to date used in all its consumer G series cameras, but doesn’t quite match up to the physically larger 16.05-million-pixel sensor of the high-end GH2 camera. While we can currently only speculate it seems likely that with such a small difference in resolution the G3 and GH2 share much of the same sensor technology.
Lumix G3 Image Quality
Panasonic was confident that the firmware of the camera we used was close to the final version that will appear in the new model when it is released in the coming months. However, there may still be tweaks to adjust the image quality, so for this reason it would be unfair to comment on the quality of the finer details of the images I took, but what I have seen looks very promising.
In our initial meeting with Panasonic we were shown A3 prints produced by the G2, GH2 and the new G3. The prints were from high ISO images and there was a difference in the shadow details, with the Lumix G3 better than the Lumix G2 and almost matching the GH2. Panasonic claims there is an improvement of almost 1EV in image noise reduction at high sensitivities. This is obviously impressive given the increase in the population of the sensor.
Panasonic Lumix DMC G3 Technical Detail
- 16-megapixel compact mirrorless system; Micro Four Thirds format camera
- Kit includes 14-42mm Lumix f/3.5-5.6 lens; capture high-quality photos in 3D with optional lens
- 3.0-inch free-angle LCD with touch control; new Pinpoint AF feature
- 1080/60i HD video capability in AVCHD format; Venus Engine FHD enables Intelligent Resolution technology
- Intelligent Auto and Intelligent Auto Plus (iA, iA+); more burst shooting options; new Photo Style Mode
Whats In The Box
- The 16.0 effective Megapixel Lumix DMC-G3 camera body
- F3.5-5.6, 14 – 42 mm Lumix G lens w/MEGA OIS [lens kit only]
- DMW-BLD10 lithium-ion battery
- Battery charger
- Body cap
- Front/rear lens caps [lens kit only]
- Lens hood [lens kit only]
- Shoulder strap
- Stylus pen
- USB cable
- A/V cable
- CD-ROM featuring PhotoFunStudio 6.2 HD Edition, SilkyPix Developer Studio 3.1 SE, and Super LoiloScope trial
- 55 page basic manual (printed) + full manual on CD-ROM
Overall, with all the features this camera has amazing capabilities, if you considered to buy DSLR camera probably Panasonic Lumix G3 one of the best choice besides Canon or Nikon DSLR. And make sure to get the Best Deals offer on Panasonic Lumix G3.